One of my new favorite bites! These tofu mushroom bites are small but the flavor packs a big punch! From the savory mushrooms, spiced tofu and the sweet balsamic glaze to top it off. When we get back to dinner parties, this is the one you want to whip out. If you’re a vegetarian, this is a delicious treat with some protein to bat. Well, what are you waiting for? Let’s get to it!
Easy Tofu Stuffed Mushrooms w/ Balsamic Glaze
Yield: 2-4 Servings
- 1 pack Cremini Mushrooms- cleaned and destemmed
- 1lb Firm Tofu- dried off and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Vegan Friendly Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- · ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
- · ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- · ½ cup Bread Crumbs
- · Black Pepper- to taste
- · Fresh Cilantro- cut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar and sugar. Cook over medium low heat until thickened(about 20 minutes) and remove from pan. Set aside
- In a medium sized bowl- mix together garlic, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, paprika and old bay seasoning.
- Add tofu and mix until thoroughly combined
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and cook tofu for 3-5 minutes or until some of the tofu browns.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Using a spoon, stuff your cleaned mushrooms with the tofu mixture. You will have extra left over.
- Combine breadcrumbs and black pepper. Top the stuffed mushrooms with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Use the last tbsp of olive oil to lightly oil a baking sheet or large, oven-safe, saute pan. Place the mushrooms cap side down and place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, remove from the oven.
- Plate up your mushrooms, drizzle the balsamic glaze over the mushroom caps and top with the fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Tip: crisp up your leftover filling to make a protein substitute for nachos, tacos and burritos!