- 10oz Uncooked Spaghetti
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- 2-3oz Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano + extra for topping
- 12oz Diced Bacon
- 1- 1 1⁄4 cup Pasta Water
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions.Save1 1⁄4 cup of the water and keep hot.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until the bacon is crispy. Drain the bacon and fat.
- Take 2tbsp of the bacon fat and place it back in the pan.Turnoff the heat.
- Add the pasta to the pan and coat in the bacon fat.
- Combine the egg yolk and cheese. Add a touch of the pasta water to the egg mixture. Continue to add water until the egg yolk mixture looks more like a sauce. Turn off the heat in the pan and pour over the mixture. Add the remaining water until the pasta is coated in the sauce and creamy.
- Finish with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Serve and top with the bacon, cheese and black pepper.
Note: Make sure your pan is warm, not hot. You do not want the egg mixture to scramble.