There’s something about a hearty bowl of chili that resonates with so many. Spice, acidity, sweet and savory. The combinations possible in a great pot of chili are seemingly endless. I have had so many memories created over a bowl of chili. Cook this one next time you have a craving, I’m sure you will too. Customize this with some of your favorite veggies and season as you’d like, make it your own!
Roasted Pepper Stout Chili
Yield: About 3 quarts
- 1lb Ground beef (80/20)
- ½ large red onion- diced
- 1 ½ cup Celery- Diced
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 pint Guinness
- 29 oz can tomato Sauce
- 28 oz Crushed tomatoes
- 2 large Poblano- roasted and deseeded
- 1 anaheim pepper- roasted and deseeded
- 1-2 Medium size Jalepenos- roasted and diced
- 2-3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 10 fl. oz Beef Broth
- 14oz Fire Roasted Tomatoes- Optional
- Kosher Salt- to taste
- Black pepper- to taste
- Ground Cumin- To taste
- Dried oregano- To taste
- Chili Powder- To Taste
- Smoked Paprika- 1 tbsp
- Onion Powder-To Taste
- Garlic Powder-To Taste
- Season the ground beef with kosher salt, black pepper, smoked paprika,1/2 tbsp Oregano, 1 tbsp Chili Powder, 1 tbsp of onion and garlic powder and ½ tbsp Cumin(you can add more seasonings to the chili while it simmers)
- In a pot over medium high heat, cook the beef, once its browned, add the onion, garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the diced chilis and mix.
- Add the tomato paste and mix, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the celery, Guinness, beef broth and tomato products. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for around 2 hours, adjust seasonings as you like.
- Serve with your favorite cheese, sour cream, fresh green onion and cornbread!
Note: if the chili is too acidic, add a bit of brown sugar, it will help balance the flavors.