Anyone who loves steak and cooks strives for the perfect steak at home. whether it’s for your family, party, or even a special treat to yourself. The industry wants you to believe its something you cannot perfect at home, this recipe proves otherwise! New York Strip steaks have always been my favorite cut. Very flavorful, uniform and affordable. This steak will easily feed two with the right sides. The uniformity of the steak helps it cook evenly and the lack of large chunks of marbled fat that separate the meat like the ribeye and rib cap allows for the fat on the outside to render at the same rate as the meat itself cooks. Go grab that NY Strip and start cooking!! You wont regret it!
- 1 inch cut NY strip
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper (fresh if available)
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Brown sugar
- 1 Lemon cut
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1 branch Fresh Rosemary
- 2-3 tbsp Butter
- Place steak out on counter 30 minutes prior to cooking
- Once time has elapsed, blend together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and brown sugar to taste.
- Rub steak with the blend and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes
- Heat cast iron or non stick pan over medium high heat
- Add oil to pan and heat until almost smoking
- Season steak evenly with salt and pepper. Place in pan and sear on both sides for about 90 to 120 seconds or until desired sear is attained.
- Lower to medium heat and add the garlic and rosemary, let sit in oil for 5 seconds then add the butter and let the garlic and rosemary flavor the butter
- Baste steak with the butter for 3-5 minutes, making sure to coat the steak completely with each baste
- Remove from pan at desired temperature- for medium rare, remove from pan at 130 degrees, medium 140 degrees. The internal temp will rise 5 degrees if it rests tented.
- Set aside on cutting board and tent with foil. Allow to rest for 5-7 minutes
- Slice squeeze over lemon and finish with a sprinkle of salt.