A delicious take on a notorious appetizer! I know Summer is almost over but I couldn’t let it go without a week of grill recipes! We are gonna start with this beauty, the Grilled Old Bay Shrimp w/ creamy risotto. Give this one a try and let me know how it is!!
Grilled Shrimp Risotto w/ Old Bay
Yield: 4 portions
- 1 ½ cup Arborio Rice
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup White wine
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 quart Chicken, vegetable or Shrimp Stock- Low sodium
- 12 Large Shrimp-Fresh
- Garlic Powder- to taste
- Cayenne Pepper- To taste
- ½ cup Parmesan(shredded or grated)
- Black Pepper-to taste
- 1 Large Lemon- Juiced
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter- melted.
- Kosher Salt- To taste
- Old Bay Seasoning- 2-3 tbsp
- 1 package Micro- arugula(optional)
- Preheat your grill. Season the shrimp with old bay, 1 tbsp melted butter, cayenne, black pepper and garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
- Place the melted butter, 1 tbsp old bay, lemon juice and 1 tbsp minced garlic in a bowl and mix. This is the baste for the shrimp as they cook!
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add 3 tbsp butter to the pan. Once the butter melts, add 2 tbsp garlic to the pan and cook for 10-15 seconds then add the shallot and cook until they start to change color.
- Add rice and toast the rice with the butter and shallot mixture for about 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan, once the wine dissipates, add the stock ½ cup at a time and mix constantly over medium heat. Once the stock starts to disappear, add another ½ cup until the rice is tender. You may have some extra stock left over and that’s okay! Save it for next time!
- Taste to ensure the risotto is cooked and finish seasoning with Old Bay, salt, pepper and a touch of cayenne pepper. Stir in parmesan and set aside
- Place the seasoned shrimp on an oiled grill and cook for 2 minutes each side, once flipped, begin to baste the shrimp with the butter and flip. Baste for another 1-2 minutes max and remove from the grill. Pour the remaining butter on the shrimp and a squeeze of lemon if youd like!
- Plate the risotto with the shrimp and garnish with micro arugula.