Here’s a quick recipe to get your year off to a good start. The curry has amazing aromatics, rich and clean flavors with no dairy, excess sugars or fats! Hope you enjoy!
For Salmon :
- 2-6 to 8oz Atlantic Salmon Filets- skin on or off
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground ginger
- 1-2 tbsp Grapeseed or Olive Oil
For Green Curry sauce:
- 2 tbsp of your favorite Green Curry paste
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 ½ tbsp Chicken Stock-Low sodium
- 1-12 to 13oz can Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Fresh lime Juice
- ½ tsp Fresh Ginger or ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Dash of fish sauce
- 1 Fresh Lime- sliced in half
- 1 Package Yakisoba Noodles
- 8-9oz of Green Curry sauce
- Micro cilantro or Micro arugula
- Sesame seeds
- In a medium saucepot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Once oil is hot, add the garlic for the curry. Cook for 10 to 20 seconds then add curry paste.
- Cook the curry paste for about 1-2 minutes and add chicken stock, reduce for about 2 minutes and add the coconut milk.
- Add soy, fish sauce, honey, ginger and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once curry sauce starts to thicken, add lime juice and cook for another 2 minutes. When it has thickened a bit, reduce to a very low heat and set aside.
- For salmon: blend together salt, pepper and ginger and season the filets right before cooking.
- Heat a medium to large saute pan over medium heat, add your oil and once the oil is hot and thinned out, place your salmon in, skin side down -if using skin on, hold the filet in place for 10-12 seconds to ensure the skin doesn’t buckle.
- Keep pan on continuous medium heat to allow the salmon to crisp up. Once you see white come up about half to ¾ the way up the salmon filet, flip them.
- Add 2 cloves of smashed garlic to the pan and reduce the heat. Baste the salmon with the oil and garlic for 1-2 minutes and remove the salmon from the pan.
- Remove most of the oil from the salmon pan and turn the flame up to a medium high heat. Add the yakisoba noodles and cook for 90 seconds, then add in the curry sauce you made earlier. You want to use almost ¾ of the sauce. Cook and coat in the sauce for about 2 minutes and remove from the heat
- Plate up with the salmon, skin side up, add the remaining curry sauce over the noodles and garnish with your sesame, microgreens and a squeeze of fresh lime!