This is a great bite to enjoy a bite to eat. Tangy, sweet with a bit of heat. The apple adds a nice fresh element that really melds with the chicken. I cooked these up on a incredible day in Okc. I hope you enjoy!
Glazed Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Yield: 4-6 Portions
- 1 – 1 ½ lb Chicken Breast- Cubed
- 2 cups Corn Starch or Potato Starch
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tbsp Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp Gochujang Paste
- ¼ cup Mirin
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic or Granulated Garlic
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Corn Starch
- ½ cup Water- For Thinning if needed
- Butter Lettuce
- Diced Apple
- Cilantro- cut thin
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Sliced Fresno Chile (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sauce ingredients-minus the water- in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside for later
- Mix together the ingredients for the dredge and toss in the chicken. Coat completely in the dredge.
- Add chicken in batches to the oil, cook until crispy and remove from the oil. Drain the chicken using a roasting rack or paper towels. Repeat until all of the chicken is fried.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the sauce ingredients to the pan and stir until thickened. Add the chicken to the sauce and coat each piece. Remove from the heat. Set up the lettuce wraps, place the chicken in the lettuce, top with any extra sauce, sesame seeds, apple, cilantro and the Fresno peppers.
Note: You can up the spice, sweet or sour notes of the glaze to your liking. Have fun with it!