This process is so therapeutic, especially on a rainy day. Making fresh pasta is one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen. The way the eggs stain the dough makes such a beautiful product, not to mention how many different varieties you can make! Try adding flavored oil, squid ink or venture out and get creative! Pasta is where creativity lives!
- 5 Large Egg Yolks
- 1-1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour (keep an extra 1/2 cup on standby in case of very moist dough)
- 2 Large Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- · ¼ tsp Truffle Oil-Optional
- ½ cup Flour for dusting
- Pour flour on a flat surface and make a well in the middle. Pour your eggs into the well.
- Add oil and salt, place a fork at the bottom of the well and stir in small circles to mix together.
- Once the eggs and flour are combined (should look like crumbly) flour your hands and begin to knead the dough.
- The dough will start to become smooth but tough to knead, that’s when you should stop.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to rest.
- Unwrap and flour the top of the pasta ball.
- Flatten with a rolling pin and roll out, you want the dough to be thin enough to go through the largest setting on your pasta machine.
- Roll your dough through each setting 2-3 times until the desired thickness is reached, flour your before changing the settings on your machine.
- Run through the pasta cutter and flour generously to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick to itself.
- Cook in boiling water for 2 minutes or until the pasta is as tender as you’d like.
- Use with your favorite sauces and serve!