I learned how to prepare this chicken during my time as a grill cook at Chipotle. I adjusted the marinade to have more flavor and made the tacos my own. All of the marinade ingredients are simply blended until smooth then rubbed into the chicken and left to marinate for 1 hour or overnight and cooked. Enjoy the recipe and save yourself a trip for dinner!
Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos w/ Roasted Salsa Verde
Yield: 8-12 Tacos
- · 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- · 7oz Chipotles in Adobo
- · ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- · ½ tbsp Kosher Salt
- · ½ tbsp Black Pepper
- · ½ tbsp Mexican Oregano
- · ½ cup Grapeseed or Olive Oil
- · ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- · 3 Garlic Cloves
- · ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- · 1 Shallot (peeled)
- · Diced Yellow Onion
- · Cilantro
- · Queso Fresco
- · Fresh Lime
- · Salsa Verde (see recipe )
- · Corn Tortillas
- In a blender or food processor, combine the marinade ingredients (minus the chicken) and blend until smooth.
- Mix together the chicken and marinade for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a cast-iron skillet or heavy bottom pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of your favorite cooking oil and heat until oil is thin and hot. Add the chicken thighs-skin side down, two or three at a time. Season the back with kosher salt. Flip once crispy.
- Cook on the other side for about 3-4 minutes and remove from the skillet. Repeat until all of the chicken is cooked
- Allow the chicken to rest for 8-10 minutes. Cut the chicken into cubes and top with lime juice.
- Heat the tortillas and layer up your tacos with chicken, then the salsa, cilantro, queso fresco and lime.
Note: You can also use this marinade on steak for a heartier taco!
Was wondering the calorie count and carbs.