A brunch Favorite no doubt. Hollandaise is classically served over a well built eggs benedict. It also makes itself known as a great combination to beef, salmon and asparagus. This hollandaise is kicked up a bit using adobo paste and chipotles. That small spice and smoke flavor kicks this up from a normal brunch staple to an exciting sauce that pairs perfect to several different dishes. Give this one a go next time you’re in charge of the cooking!
Yield: 3-4 Portions
- 5 Large Egg Yolks
- ½ lb clarified butter or Ghee
- 1 tbsp Adobo Paste
- 1 tsp Chipotle in adobo-minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 dash of tabasco
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Cajun Mustard
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Place a medium size pot filled 1/3 of the way with water over a medium low heat.
- Place glass or metal bowl over the pot. Add the mustard, egg yolk, vinegar, adobo and chipotle to the bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly stream in the butter and whisk quickly until all of the butter is incorporated into the hollandaise.
- Allow the sauce to warm up and add the lemon juice and tabasco, season with salt and pepper. Serve with a great steak, eggs benedict or even a deliciously cooked salmon filet.