The Coup de Gras of any great brunch…. Eggs Benedict!!! This one is a bit different, instead of the traditional eggs benedict with poached eggs, english muffin, canadian bacon, and a traditional hollandaise…..we smoke it up!! I added some chipotles in adobo, nice smoke and a small amount of heat, smoky thick cut bacon and some of the chipotle adobo paste on the english muffins! Get ready for this one, you’re gonna love it!
Chipotle Eggs Benedict
Yield: 2 Portions
- 1 batch Chipotle Hollandaise
- 4 Large Whole Eggs
- 4-6 Pieces Thick Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1-2 tbsp Adobo-Chipotles in adobo
- 2 Whole English Muffins- Sliced
- Micro Arugula
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno – sliced thin
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- Place a large pot of water over medium high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Cook bacon in a nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and place on paper towels or something absorbent to remove excess fat.
- Pour most of the bacon fat out of the pan, leaving about 2 tbsp and place the English muffins in the pan to toast them. Once they are golden, remove from the pan and remove the pan from the heat.
- Over a double boiler, make a batch of the chipotle hollandaise- (see the chipotle hollandaise recipe here)
- Crack the egg in a small ramekin, pour the vinegar into the simmering water and using a whisk, make a whirlpool and gently place the egg in the water and poach for a few minutes until all the egg white thickens and the egg looks solid- about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the water and gently place on a paper towel.
- Place the English muffin on a plate, then coat the muffin with the adobo sauce from the chipotles, then the bacon. Once the bacon is laid flat, gently place the poached eggs on the bacon and coat with the chipotle hollandaise. Garnish with the micro arugula and thin jalapeno.
- Slice in and enjoy!