One of my family’s favorites and I hope it will become yours too! This Creamy tomato pasta is rich, savory and feeds its fair share. Its made with a lot of familiar ingredients that come together in a way that feels like home. If you make this, let me know what you think on my Instagram! I’d love to hear how you did.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 Johnsonville Original Brats
- 8oz Cooked Penne Pasta
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 fl oz Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Diced Red Onion
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 8oz Fire roasted Tomatoes
- 3oz Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Old Bay Seasoning- To taste
- Smoked Paprika-to taste
- Kosher Salt-to taste
- Ground Black Pepper- to taste
- Fresh Cut Parsley
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp grapeseed or olive oil, then add the brats.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and flip when browned. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and add the extra butter to the pan and baste for 5 minutes and remove from the pan. Drain most of the butter, leaving about 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add in the garlic and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes before adding the chicken stock. Allow this to simmer until the broth reduces by half.
- Pour in the heavy cream and cook until it start to thicken, about 3-4 minutes. add the pasta and season with the old bay, salt, pepper, paprika, then the pasta and toss the pasta in the sauce. Reduce the heat to low.
- Slice up the sausage and top off the pasta, then top with cheese. Place a lid on for about 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese, top with parsley and smoked paprika and enjoy!