Brown Butter Goat Cheese Pasta w/ Prosciutto
- 10-12oz Dry Spaghetti
- 6oz Unsalted Butter
- 4oz Creamy Goat Cheese
- 1-1 1⁄2 cup Pasta Water
- Kosher Salt- To Taste
- Black Pepper- To Taste
- 1⁄2 – 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- Zest of 1 large Lemon
- 1⁄2 – 1 oz Grated Parmesan or Pecorino
- .3oz Package Prosciutto
- Cook pasta to your liking and reserve1 1⁄2 cup of pasta water. Drain the rest and set pasta to the side.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, add the butter.Allow the butter to melt and swirl the butter until it begins to brown.
- You will notice the butter will begin to smell like caramel, this is when your butter is browned.
- Add the chili flakes to the brown butter and swirl for an additional minute before adding the chili flakes.
- Add the pasta and coat with the butter. Add the goat cheese and half of the pasta water over it to help the cheese melt.
- Mix until the butter, water and goat cheese are incorporated fully.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Top the pasta with the grated cheese, black pepper, lemon zest and prosciutto.
Note: You can cook mushroom and add them to make the pasta heartier. This dish goes incredibly well with a touch of truffle salt as well.