For those of you who know me from MasterChef, you know that Cristina Tosi was one of the judges for my season. She doesn’t even know that I had been following her career for at least 4 years prior to meeting her. The work she does is incredible and MilkBar is such an incredible innovation. When I found out that she was making the MilkBar Ice cream available nationwide through Whole Foods I flipped! I knew I had to cook up a worthy dish and trust me, this Glazed grilled pineapple is the perfect pairing for the Cereal Milk ice cream. The first bite felt like home. Give this one a try while Summer is here and I guarantee you will not be disappointed!
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 large Pineapple- skinned, cored and sliced into rectangles
- ½ cup Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped Pecans
- ½ cup Bourbon
- ½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Pint Milk Bar Cereal Milk Ice cream( find it @ Whole Foods)
- Truffle Salt-Optional (regular kosher salt or pink Himalayan if not)
- ¼ cup Oil( grapeseed works great)
- Preheat grill to around 500 degrees
- Brush both sides of pineapple with oil.
- Place on the grill. Cook the pineapple roughly 2-3 minutes then check. Once some char and grill marks appear, flip and repeat. Remove from the grill.
- Place nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add butter, once melted, add the brown sugar.
- Once the sugar and butter have melted, add the pecans, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Mix together and pull pan of the heat, add half of the bourbon and light. The pan will catch fire for a short amount of time. If you aren’t comfortable with that, lower the heat and allow the bourbon to cook out for a few minutes.
- Add the pineapple and coat in the sauce.
- Remove pan again and add the remaining bourbon and light. Once the flames are gone, remove from the heat and coat the pineapple in the glaze again.
- Remove the pineapple from the pan and place on plates or a platter.
- Pour the remaining glaze w/ pecans over the pineapple. Sprinkle truffle(or kosher/Himalayan) salt over the pineapple and serve with a scoop of ice cream!