Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce
A brunch Favorite no doubt. Hollandaise is classically served over a well built eggs benedict. It also makes itself known as a great combination to beef, salmon and asparagus. This hollandaise is kicked up a bit using adobo paste and chipotles. That small spice and smoke flavor kicks this up from a normal brunch staple to an exciting sauce that pairs perfect to several different dishes. Give this one a go next time you're in charge of the cooking!
Yield: 3-4 Portions
· 5 Large Egg Yolks
· ½ lb clarified butter or Ghee
· 1 tbsp Adobo Paste
· 1 tsp Chipotle in adobo-minced
· 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
· 1 dash of tabasco
· 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
· 1-2 tsp Cajun Mustard
· Kosher Salt
· Black Pepper
1. Place a medium size pot filled 1/3 of the way with water over a medium low heat.
2. Place glass or metal bowl over the pot. Add the mustard, egg yolk, vinegar, adobo and chipotle to the bowl and whisk together.
3. Slowly stream in the butter and whisk quickly until all of the butter is incorporated into the hollandaise.
4. Allow the sauce to warm up and add the lemon juice and tabasco, season with salt and pepper. Serve with a great steak, eggs benedict or even a deliciously cooked salmon filet.