one of my favorite drinks paired with a Thanksgiving classic. This hickory smoked ham is glazed with all of the ingredients that make up the cocktail we know and love. Give this one a go this Thanksgiving or even Christmas!
Whiskey Old Fashioned Glazed Ham
- 10lb Smoked Ham
- ½ cup Bourbon Whiskey- use whiskey you’d be happy to drink
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Orange-Juiced and zested
- 5 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- In a medium saucepot over medium heat, combine whiskey, butter, sugar, orange juice, zest and bitters, whisk together and cook until thickened and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, score the ham in a diamond pattern and place in the oven for 45 minutes then lower to 325 for another hour.
- Remove and glaze the ham, place back in the oven for 20 minutes and glaze again. Continue for another 2-3 glazes and remove when the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for 10-20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the remaining glaze and pan drippings, maybe even an old fashioned!