One brunch item that will give your taste buds a kick! Give this a go if you are a spice lover and avocado toast fan!
Vacadillos Scorpion Avocado Toast
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 package Vacadillos Scorpion Carne seca
- 2 slices Rustic Sourdough bread
- 1 large avocado
- medium shallot- sliced thin
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1fl oz your favorite tequila
- 1 hatch Chili- roasted, diced and deseeded
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Kosher Salt- to taste
- Black Pepper- to taste
- 1 small lemon or lime- Juiced
- Micro cilantro- for garnish
- Queso Fresca- optional
- Toast the sourdough bread and set aside
- In a medium pan over medium high heat, add the butter. Once melted, add the garlic and shallot and saute for 2 minutes
- Add the hatch chili and cook for another 90 seconds.
- Add the carne seca and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the tequila. Once it cooks down or the flames are gone, add salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine avocado, lemon, salt and pepper. Mash until smooth and layer on toast.
- Top the avocado toast with the carne seca saute. Finish with micro or regular cilantro and top with queso fresca and lemon!