These have been one of my favorite recipe to make and to eat! The sweet and the heat are a great contrast of flavor while the crispiness of the wings help pull it all together and when finished with lime, it’s a guaranteed showstopper! Enjoy!
- 6 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tbsp lemongrass
- 2 tbsp Sambal paste
- ½ tbsp Fresh grated Ginger
- 8-10 full chicken wings
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Granulated Onion
- Granulated Garlic
- ½ tbsp Powdered Ginger
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame seeds
- 1 large lime ( cut into wedges)
- ¼ cup cilantro- rough chop
- ¼ cup Green onion- cut on bias
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place medium size pot over medium high heat and add butter, then add garlic and ginger and cook for 10-20 seconds, add the remaining glaze ingredients and reduce to medium heat, simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine all seasonings except salt in bowl- the seasoning mix is to your taste so go with the blend you are most comfortable with
- Place wings in a separate bowl and season generously, then season with salt and toss
- Place wings on a roasting rack or slightly oiled sheet pan(skin side up) and place in oven for 40 minutes.
- When wings appear crisp, remove from oven and glaze the wings, put back in the oven for 5-7 minutes and glaze the other side. Return wings to oven for another 5-7 minutes
- Remove wings from the oven and flip them skin side up again, if you have any remaining glaze then coat one final time
- Plate up wings and garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro, green onion and a squeeze of lime and enjoy!
Note: You can grill these wings then glaze for an extra boost of flavor!