Sun-Dried Tomato Penne
- 10-12oz Dried Penne Pasta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or Oil from Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 8oz Heavy Cream
- 2oz Sun Dried Tomatoes- Minced
- 2-3oz Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2oz Unsalted Butter
- 1-2oz Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Kosher Salt- To Taste
- Black Pepper- To Taste
- Red Chili Flakes- To Taste
- 2oz Chardonnay
- Fresh Parsley and Basil- Optional
- Cook your pasta to your liking. Set aside and drizzle with 1⁄2 tbsp oil from the sun dried tomatoes.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, add the remaining oil. Once heated, add the sun dried tomatoes and fresh tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes begin to blister and add the chili flakes ,salt, pepper and garlic. Cook for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the chardonnay and cook until the wine is almost gone.Add the heavy cream, butter and simmer until it begins to thicken.
- Add the pasta to the mix and coat in the sauce. Add the parmesan and mix until creamy.
- Finish the pasta with salt, pepper, parsley, basil and additional cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can add some goat cheese and your favorite meat to make the dish even creamier and heartier.