A childhood favorite all grown up!! These strawberry French toast Stix are so deliciously simple, you’ll probably do what I did and wonder why you haven’t made them sooner! Next time you’re the one cooking breakfast or hosting brunch, bring back this classic and enjoy the nostalgia!
Tip: If you like other berries, swap out the strawberries to make it your own!
Strawberry French Toast Stix
Yield: 2-3 Portions
- 2-3 Thick sliced Brioche- cut into sticks
- 2-3 Fresh eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2-4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries-Cut
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Water-if needed
- 1 cup diced Strawberries
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 batch Strawberry cream cheese (see cream cheese recipe here)
- Place strawberry syrup ingredients in a medium sauce pot and reduce over medium heat until syrup is thick and has a red color.
- Strain the syrup and set aside. Keep the cooked strawberries.
- Combine heavy cream, eggs, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- In a medium-large pan over medium heat, add the butter and heat until fully melted.
- Dip the brioche sticks for a few seconds, letting the extra soak drip off, then place in the pan, cook for a few minutes or until browned and flip.
- Remove once fully browned. Serve with strawberry cream cheese, strawberries, powdered sugar, and the cooked strawberries!