One of the best ways to start a Spring or Summer Morning! This cream cheese is the perfect match to a blueberry bagel! Roasting the strawberries helps the flavors come alive and really give you the fresh strawberry flavor. I’ve even used this with French toast for brunch and let me tell you it was a hit! Next time you reach for a bagel pack at the store, take a trip down the produce isle and give this one a shot.
Roasted Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries- Cut in Half
- 8oz Softened Cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil- cut very thin
- ½ Cup Fresh strawberries(For Garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, toss together sugar and strawberries. Make sure the berries are fully coated.
- Place on a nonstick sheet pan and place in the oven.
- Roast the berries until they are softened (about 10 minutes). Stir the strawberries every 3 minutes, then emove from the oven.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese and strawberries until they are roughly mixed together, it will look like a weird strawberry cottage cheese.
- Pour the mixture in a blender, add the honey and blend until smooth.
- Toast your favorite bagel, spread a generous amount of the cream cheese spread, top with fresh cut strawberries and basil!
Note: Top the bagel with an assortment of berries for a nice contrast. If the berries aren’t sweet enough, give them a quick toss in some honey to sweeten them up!