The perfect cold weather dish! Spice up this chili with some of your favorite toppings, add your favorite beer and enjoy with a side of saltines or some delicious southern style cornbread!
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Veggie Crumbles
- 1 ½ cup Celery
- 2 Jalepenos (roasted and diced)
- 1 Bell Pepper (roasted and diced)
- 1 large Red Onion- Diced
- 1 large Poblano (roasted and diced)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1-12oz can Black Beans-optional
- 30oz can Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 30oz Can Fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Cumin- add more if preferred
- 2 tbsp Paprika-
- ½ tbsp Cayenne
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder- add more if needed
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder- add more if needed
- 4 tbsp Chili Powder- if adding more, add carefully
- 12fl oz of your Favorite Stout
- Kosher salt-to taste
- Black pepper-to taste
- 1-2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Season ground beef with salt,pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil
- Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned beef and cook until fully browned remove from the pot
- Add onions and garlic, saute until onions are tender, add celery then add black beans, tomatoes and tomato paste, cook for 2-3 minutes and add remaining seasonings.
- Add diced peppers
- Add stout to deglaze, cook for 2-4 minutes then add tomato sauce, chicken stock and simmer for 1- 1 ½ hours. Adjusting seasoning with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- When the chili has thickened and flavor is to your preference. Its time to serve! Goes well with cornbread, cheddar, sour cream and scallions!