A spin on the classic “Bananas Foster”. This dessert adds Sara Lee Pound cake and substitutes the bananas for mangos as well as adding bourbon! Give this a shot if you wanna treat yourself or someone you love!
- 2 Ripe Mangos-diced
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Rum Extract
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp Bourbon
- Sara Lee Pound Cake
- Your Favorite Vanilla Ice Cream
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add brown sugar and melt together.
- Add in mangos and coat thoroughly in the glaze
- Add cinnamon and mix
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and rum extract and mix.
- Add bourbon and place back on the flame. Allow the alcohol to burn off then remove from the heat.
- Stack ice cream and pound cake. Top with the mango foster and enjoy!!
Tip: Add some rum infused whipped cream for an extra kick!