This is one of the most simple and tasty appetizers. I always use this bruschetta for parties, business events or at home. This was one of my moms favorites and I’m sure you’ll love it too!
- 2 Medium-size Tomatoes-diced
- 1 tbsp Roasted Garlic
- Kosher Salt-to taste
- Black Pepper-to taste
- 3 tbsp Fresh Italian Basil-Sliced thin
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- Italian Loaf- sliced thin
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush bread with butter or oil and bake until crisp and browned to your liking.
- Place balsamic and sugar in a small pot over medium heat until thickened(about 20 minutes) and set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and about 2 tbsp of the balsamic reduction. Mix thoroughly and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place tomatoes on your crostini and top with some of the balsamic glaze, fresh cut basil and black pepper.
Tip: Try this with grape tomatoes for a sweeter result!