Crispy…savory…delicious! These fries have to be the best fries I have ever cooked. Smoky, savory umami from the truffle oil, amazing flavors contrasting with the parmesan and potato. This goes great with my hangover burger, steak or even by themselves! If you could live on fries and consider yourself the expert of great fries, give this a shot. I promise you wont regret it!
Truffle Fries w/ Parmesan
Yield: 3 Portions
- 3 Large Russet Potatoes- Peeled and cut thin
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper- To taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ to ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Truffle Oil -To taste (I used TRUFF Brand)
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 2-3 Quarts Vegetable Oil
- In a deep pot or castiron, heat the vegetable oil to 325 degrees
- Rinse and dry your fries, you want to make sure the potatoes are completely dry.
- Place potatoes in oil, 1-2 handfulls at a time to ensure you don’t overfill your oil.
- Cook potatoes until tender, check every 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and place on wire rack or paper towels.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Place potatoes back in the oil and fry until crispy. Remove from the oil, drain and place in a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and truffle oil. Toss and top with parsley and parmesan. Adjust the seasonings on your fries to your liking.