Delicious, creamy, CLASSIC! Who doesn’t love a good heaping side of mashed potatoes! This savory side dish is a staple in kitchens simply because its delicious. Here is your basic recipe for creamy mashed potatoes. Add roasted garlic, your favorite cheeses or even cook those potatoes in chicken stock, give it the flavors you’d like and make it your own!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lb Russet Potatoes-Peeled and cut
- 1 ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Granulated Garlic or Garlic Powder
- 2 Branches Rosemary
- Kosher Salt-To Taste
- Black Pepper-To Taste
- Fresh Chopped parsley- 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp Chopped Scallions
1. In a large pot, place potatoes and cover with water. Place on the stove, add generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cook until tender.
2. In a small saucepot, place heavy cream, butter and rosemary and bring to a simmer then remove from the heat. Allow to sit on the stove for 10-12 minutes then remove the rosemary.
3. Strain potatoes and mash using a ricer. If you don’t have a ricer, use a small mesh strainer and a rubber spatula. This will give you nice fluffy potatoes.
4. Combine potatoes and heavy cream mixture. Season with garlic powder, Kosher Salt and Black Pepper.
Add parsley and scallions and serve
TIp: Add roasted garlic and your favorite cheese to give the potatoes an extra pop of flavor