Dinner so simple, you’ll wish you made it sooner. This cauliflower steak masala over rice is quick, filling and delicious. Using a jar sauce may seem like a cop out or not as flavorful but trust me when I say, sauces have come a long way. Give this one a go and let me know what you think.
Cauliflower Steak Masala w. Rice
Yield: 2-3 Servings
- 1 head Cauliflower- cut into steaks
- ¼ cuOlive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Curry Powder
- Kosher Salt- to taste
- Black Pepper- to taste
- 15oz Jar Pre-made Tikka Masala
- 12oz Broccoli- steamed
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Cooked Jasmine or Basmati ricep
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Baste cauliflower in olive oil-this will help the seasonings stick
- Season both sides of cauliflower with curry powder, salt, and pepper
- Place medium size saute pan over medium heat and pour 1 tbsp of olive oil in pan
- Place steaks in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes then flip and reduce heat.
- Add butter to the pan and baste steak for 2 minutes then place pan in oven for 10 minutes.
- Place large pan over medium heat, add remaining olive oil in pan and add garlic. Cook for 20 seconds and add broccoli. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add veggie stock, cook for 2-4 minute then add masala jar.
- Add cayenne and Cook down for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and remove from pan
- Plate with rice on the bottom, masala over top and cauliflower on top of the masala. Top with cilantro and black pepper and enjoy!