This right here is one of my intro to fall dishes. Making these when the season begins to get cold, this will put you in the spirit of the season. Sweet apple, flaky buttery pastry and spiced caramel drizzle. Pair this with your morning coffee and you have the perfect fall morning!
Caramel Apple Turnovers
Yield: 3-6 Turnovers
- 2 Rolls Puff Pastry-thawed
- 3 Granny Smith Apples- Medium size-diced
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp cloves
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp cold water
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat PowerXL air fryer to 400 degrees on the bake setting.
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium high heat.
- Add butter and melt, once the butter melts, add the apples and granulated sugar and coat the apples thoroughly in the butter and sugar. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, spices and salt. Cook this down until the apples are tender and there is a thickened caramel sauce in the pan.
- Remove the apples and cool in the freezer for about 20-45 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs and water to make an egg wash
- Cut the puff pastry into squares.
- Place about 1 tbsp of filling in the middle of the pastry square and egg wash two sides of the pastry. Fold over into a triangle and seal with your fingers.
- Place on the nonstick pan and cook for 8 -10 minutes in the air fryer and remove once golden brown.
- Pour over the caramel sauce from the apples and any leftover apple filling and enjoy!