The ultimate combo of breakfast and dessert. These white peach scones are buttery, sweet, acidic when it counts and overall a great companion to that morning coffee or a quick finish to a tasty dessert. I can honestly say I didn’t know if using the air fryer would work but this was an amazing surprise. the scones came out great and now when I wanna do some quick baking without overheating the kitchen, I’m going with the air fryer all day! Make a batch of these on a day off and freeze them to enjoy on a rainy day or a whenever you’d like!
Air Fryer Mini White Peach Scones w/ Peach Glaze
Yield: 15-20 Mini Scones
- 3 cups Self-Rising Flour
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter (cold)- cut into small cubes
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 6-8oz Whole Milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Firm White Peaches-diced
- 1 tbsp Granulated sugar + ½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon- for garnish
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour( for surfaces and dough working)
- 2 ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3oz Peach Nectar (Simply Peach works great)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract-optional
- Preheat Air fryer or oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar and drizzle in peach nectar 1oz at a time and whisk until desired consistency. You want the glaze to be slightly thick so it coats the hot scones beautifully. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together sugar, flour and salt. Then using your hands, finely mix in the butter until the flour looks like coarse sand or small peas.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs in a separate container and add to the flour mixture. Use your hands or wooden spoon to mix together, add the peaches and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- On a well floured surface, dump the dough and coat with a bit more flour. Knead very slightly until the dough is easy to touch and doesn’t stick to your hands. Form into a flat circle and cut small triangles out of the dough.
- Place on air fryer racks or in bin and bake for 4-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- If baking in the oven, bake until golden brown 7-10 minutes on a nonstick sheet pan or line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Once removed from the air fryer/oven, immediately glaze and top with a pinch of cinnamon/sugar. (use a wire rack over a sheet pan if you are able, this allows the glaze to coat and drip off the scones.