Whiskey Old Fashioned Ham
one of my favorite drinks paired with a Thanksgiving classic. This hickory smoked ham is glazed with all of the ingredients that make up the cocktail we know and love. Give this one a go this Thanksgiving or even Christmas!
Whiskey Old Fashioned Glazed Ham
· 10lb Smoked Ham
· ½ cup Bourbon Whiskey- use whiskey you’d be happy to drink
· 1 cup Brown Sugar
· ½ cup Unsalted Butter
· 1 large Orange-Juiced and zested
· 5 dashes Angostura Bitters
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
2. In a medium saucepot over medium heat, combine whiskey, butter, sugar, orange juice, zest and bitters, whisk together and cook until thickened and set aside.
3. Using a sharp knife, score the ham in a diamond pattern and place in the oven for 45 minutes then lower to 325 for another hour.
4. Remove and glaze the ham, place back in the oven for 20 minutes and glaze again. Continue for another 2-3 glazes and remove when the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
5. Remove from the oven, let it rest for 10-20 minutes before slicing.
6. Serve with the remaining glaze and pan drippings, maybe even an old fashioned!