Thai Glazed Chicken Wings
These have been one of my favorite recipe to make and to eat! The sweet and the heat are a great contrast of flavor while the crispiness of the wings help pull it all together and when finished with lime, it’s a guaranteed showstopper! Enjoy!
Yield: 10 wings
6 tbsp butter
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp sriracha
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Ground Szechuan peppercorns
1 tsp fish sauce
½ tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
½ tbsp lemongrass
2 tbsp Sambal paste
½ tbsp Fresh grated Ginger
8-10 full chicken wings
½ tbsp Powdered Ginger
2 tbsp Toasted Sesame seeds
1 large lime ( cut into wedges)
¼ cup cilantro- rough chop
¼ cup Green onion- cut on bias
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place medium size pot over medium high heat and add butter, then add garlic and ginger and cook for 10-20 seconds, add the remaining glaze ingredients and reduce to medium heat, simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened.
3. Combine all seasonings except salt in bowl- the seasoning mix is to your taste so go with the blend you are most comfortable with
4. Place wings in a separate bowl and season generously, then season with salt and toss
5. Place wings on a roasting rack or slightly oiled sheet pan(skin side up) and place in oven for 40 minutes.
6. When wings appear crisp, remove from oven and glaze the wings, put back in the oven for 5-7 minutes and glaze the other side. Return wings to oven for another 5-7 minutes
7. Remove wings from the oven and flip them skin side up again, if you have any remaining glaze then coat one final time
8. Plate up wings and garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro, green onion and a squeeze of lime and enjoy!
Note: You can grill these wings then glaze for an extra boost of flavor!