Strawberry French Toast Stix!!
A childhood favorite all grown up!! These strawberry French toast Stix are so deliciously simple, you’ll probably do what I did and wonder why you haven’t made them sooner! Next time you’re the one cooking breakfast or hosting brunch, bring back this classic and enjoy the nostalgia!
Tip: If you like other berries, swap out the strawberries to make it your own!
Strawberry French Toast Stix
Yield: 2-3 Portions
· 2-3 Thick sliced Brioche- cut into sticks
· 2-3 Fresh eggs
· 1 cup Heavy Cream
· 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
· Pinch of salt
· 2-4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
· 1 cup Fresh Strawberries-Cut
· 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
· ¼ cup Water-if needed
· 1 cup diced Strawberries
· ½ cup Powdered Sugar
· 1 batch Strawberry cream cheese (see cream cheese recipe here)
1. Place strawberry syrup ingredients in a medium sauce pot and reduce over medium heat until syrup is thick and has a red color.
2. Strain the syrup and set aside. Keep the cooked strawberries.
3. Combine heavy cream, eggs, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until completely combined.
4. In a medium-large pan over medium heat, add the butter and heat until fully melted.
5. Dip the brioche sticks for a few seconds, letting the extra soak drip off, then place in the pan, cook for a few minutes or until browned and flip.
6. Remove once fully browned. Serve with strawberry cream cheese, strawberries, powdered sugar, and the cooked strawberries!