Steak and Eggs w/ Hollandaise!
One of the hangover specials...Steak and eggs! This classic gets an upgrade here using filet mignon and a chipotle hollandaise to bump up the flavor a bit! This one was damn near sinful. The egg yolk and hollandaise provided the perfect sauce for the heavily spiced steak and left me smiling and full! Honestly, if you have had a night out, this is the dish you want to make on the morning after.
Steak And Eggs w/ Hollandaise!
· 1- 8oz Filet Mignon
· 1 large Egg
· 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
· Queso Fresca
· Kosher Salt- as youd like
· Black Pepper- as youd like
· Old Bay Seasoning- as youd like
· 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
· 2-4oz Hollandaise sauce( see recipe https://www.chefgabeonline.com/post/chipotle-hollandaise-sauce)
Micro Cilantro- for garnish
· 2-3 tbsp Grapeseed oil- for searing
1. Over medium to medium high heat, place a nonstick pan or castiron skillet.
2. Season the filet with salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning.
3. Pour the grapeseed oil in the pan, once the oil appears thin in the pan, place the steak In the pan and apply some pressure to the steak, this will help get the crust of the steak started.
4. Allow the steak to sear for about 2-3 minutes (if you are unsure if the steak is seared, take a peak with some tongs or spatula, it wont hurt anything) once seared, flip the steak, add ½ of the butter and the rosemary. Baste the steak for another 3 minutes and remove from the heat. If youd prefer a more well done steak, cook for a few more minutes. I cooked a medium rare and the internal temperature should be around 135 degrees.
5. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, add two tablespoons of butter and heat until melted. Add your egg. Cook for a few minutes until the egg white sets. Remove from the heat.
6. Assemble your dish, start with the steak, then the egg, coat with the hollandaise and finally, garnish with the queso fresca, micro cilantro and old bay seasoning.
7. Slice in and enjoy!