Roasted Summer Corn Salad!
It's that time of year again!! Summer is here and Corn season is in full swing! I've been waiting to craft those backyard bbq dishes all year and here is the first one! The summer corn salad has sweet corn roasted over an open flame, tossed in sun-dried tomatoes, paired with vibrant lime juice and served aside delicious grilled meats or veggies! Give this one a shot!
Roasted Corn Salad
Yield: 4 Servings
· 2 Ear Fresh Corn- Shucked
· 2 tbsp Honey
· 1 Fresh Lime- Squeezed
· 2-3 tbsp Fresh Cilantro
· 1-2 tbsp Feta Cheese
· 2 tbsp Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil- Diced
· 2-3 tbsp Tomato Oil( From the sun dried tomatoes)
· ¼ cup Fresh Arugula
· 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil (as needed)
· ¼ Cup Red Onion-Diced
· 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
· Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1. Roast the corn over an open flame or in a cast-iron skillet. Once the corn looks burnt on the outside, remove from the heat.
2. Place a small bowl inside a large bowl, place flat side of the corn on top of the small bowl. Using a sharp knife, cut the corn from the cob.
3. Combine the corn, tomato, tomato oil, olive oil, onion, cilantro, lime juice and honey. Mix thoroughly and season with salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
Top with arugula, feta, paprika and enjoy!