Rich Stout Chili
The perfect cold weather dish! Spice up this chili with some of your favorite toppings, add your favorite beer and enjoy with a side of saltines or some delicious southern style cornbread!
· 1 lb Ground Beef or Veggie Crumbles
· 1 ½ cup Celery
· 2 Jalepenos (roasted and diced)
· 1 Bell Pepper (roasted and diced)
· 1 large Red Onion- Diced
· 1 large Poblano (roasted and diced)
· 4 tbsp Olive Oil
· 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
· 1-12oz can Black Beans-optional
· 30oz can Tomato sauce
· 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
· 30oz Can Fire roasted tomatoes
· 1 tbsp Cumin- add more if preferred
· 2 tbsp Paprika-
· ½ tbsp Cayenne
· 2 tbsp Onion Powder- add more if needed
· 2 tbsp Garlic Powder- add more if needed
· 4 tbsp Chili Powder- if adding more, add carefully
· 12fl oz of your Favorite Stout
· Kosher salt-to taste
· Black pepper-to taste
· 1-2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
1. Season ground beef with salt,pepper, onion and garlic powder.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil
3. Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned beef and cook until fully browned remove from the pot
4. Add onions and garlic, saute until onions are tender, add celery then add black beans, tomatoes and tomato paste, cook for 2-3 minutes and add remaining seasonings.
5. Add diced peppers
6. Add stout to deglaze, cook for 2-4 minutes then add tomato sauce, chicken stock and simmer for 1- 1 ½ hours. Adjusting seasoning with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
7. When the chili has thickened and flavor is to your preference. Its time to serve! Goes well with cornbread, cheddar, sour cream and scallions!