Grilled Old Bay Spiced Shrimp w/ Creamy Risotto
A delicious take on a notorious appetizer! I know Summer is almost over but I couldn't let it go without a week of grill recipes! We are gonna start with this beauty, the Grilled Old Bay Shrimp w/ creamy risotto. Give this one a try and let me know how it is!!
Grilled Shrimp Risotto w/ Old Bay
Yield: 4 portions
· 1 ½ cup Arborio Rice
· 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
· ¼ cup White wine
· 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
· 1 quart Chicken, vegetable or Shrimp Stock- Low sodium
· 12 Large Shrimp-Fresh
· Garlic Powder- to taste
· Cayenne Pepper- To taste
· ½ cup Parmesan(shredded or grated)
· Black Pepper-to taste
· 1 Large Lemon- Juiced
· 1 cup + 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter- melted.
· Kosher Salt- To taste
· Old Bay Seasoning- 2-3 tbsp
· 1 package Micro- arugula(optional)
1. Preheat your grill. Season the shrimp with old bay, 1 tbsp melted butter, cayenne, black pepper and garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
2. Place the melted butter, 1 tbsp old bay, lemon juice and 1 tbsp minced garlic in a bowl and mix. This is the baste for the shrimp as they cook!
3. Place a large nonstick pan over medium heat.
4. Add 3 tbsp butter to the pan. Once the butter melts, add 2 tbsp garlic to the pan and cook for 10-15 seconds then add the shallot and cook until they start to change color.
5. Add rice and toast the rice with the butter and shallot mixture for about 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
6. Add the wine and deglaze the pan, once the wine dissipates, add the stock ½ cup at a time and mix constantly over medium heat. Once the stock starts to disappear, add another ½ cup until the rice is tender. You may have some extra stock left over and that’s okay! Save it for next time!
7. Taste to ensure the risotto is cooked and finish seasoning with Old Bay, salt, pepper and a touch of cayenne pepper. Stir in parmesan and set aside
8. Place the seasoned shrimp on an oiled grill and cook for 2 minutes each side, once flipped, begin to baste the shrimp with the butter and flip. Baste for another 1-2 minutes max and remove from the grill. Pour the remaining butter on the shrimp and a squeeze of lemon if youd like!
9. Plate the risotto with the shrimp and garnish with micro arugula.