Green Curry Yakisoba w/ Atlantic Salmon
Here's a quick recipe to get your year off to a good start. The curry has amazing aromatics, rich and clean flavors with no dairy, excess sugars or fats! Hope you enjoy!
For Salmon :
· 2-6 to 8oz Atlantic Salmon Filets- skin on or off
· Kosher Salt
· Black Pepper
· Ground ginger
· 1-2 tbsp Grapeseed or Olive Oil
For Green Curry sauce:
· 2 tbsp of your favorite Green Curry paste
· 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
· 2 ½ tbsp Chicken Stock-Low sodium
· 1-12 to 13oz can Coconut Milk
· 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
· ½ tbsp Fresh lime Juice
· ½ tsp Fresh Ginger or ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
· 1 tbsp Honey
· 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
· Dash of fish sauce
· 1 Fresh Lime- sliced in half
· 1 Package Yakisoba Noodles
· 8-9oz of Green Curry sauce
· Micro cilantro or Micro arugula
· Sesame seeds
1. In a medium saucepot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp coconut oil
2. Once oil is hot, add the garlic for the curry. Cook for 10 to 20 seconds then add curry paste.
3. Cook the curry paste for about 1-2 minutes and add chicken stock, reduce for about 2 minutes and add the coconut milk.
4. Add soy, fish sauce, honey, ginger and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once curry sauce starts to thicken, add lime juice and cook for another 2 minutes. When it has thickened a bit, reduce to a very low heat and set aside.
5. For salmon: blend together salt, pepper and ginger and season the filets right before cooking.
6. Heat a medium to large saute pan over medium heat, add your oil and once the oil is hot and thinned out, place your salmon in, skin side down -if using skin on, hold the filet in place for 10-12 seconds to ensure the skin doesn’t buckle.
7. Keep pan on continuous medium heat to allow the salmon to crisp up. Once you see white come up about half to ¾ the way up the salmon filet, flip them.
8. Add 2 cloves of smashed garlic to the pan and reduce the heat. Baste the salmon with the oil and garlic for 1-2 minutes and remove the salmon from the pan.
9. Remove most of the oil from the salmon pan and turn the flame up to a medium high heat. Add the yakisoba noodles and cook for 90 seconds, then add in the curry sauce you made earlier. You want to use almost ¾ of the sauce. Cook and coat in the sauce for about 2 minutes and remove from the heat
10.Plate up with the salmon, skin side up, add the remaining curry sauce over the noodles and garnish with your sesame, microgreens and a squeeze of fresh lime!