Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
This is one of the most simple and tasty appetizers. I always use this bruschetta for parties, business events or at home. This was one of my moms favorites and I'm sure you'll love it too!
· 2 Medium-size Tomatoes-diced
· 1 tbsp Roasted Garlic
· Kosher Salt-to taste
· Black Pepper-to taste
· 3 tbsp Fresh Italian Basil-Sliced thin
· ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
· ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
· Italian Loaf- sliced thin
· 3 tbsp Unsalted butter or olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush bread with butter or oil and bake until crisp and browned to your liking.
2. Place balsamic and sugar in a small pot over medium heat until thickened(about 20 minutes) and set aside.
3. Combine tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and about 2 tbsp of the balsamic reduction. Mix thoroughly and adjust seasoning as needed.
4. Place tomatoes on your crostini and top with some of the balsamic glaze, fresh cut basil and black pepper.
Tip: Try this with grape tomatoes for a sweeter result!