Fresh Salmon Alfredo w/ Lemon
This dish is a winner! If you are a salmon fan, alfredo fan or both, this dish is calling your name! Since I started cooking, I have been obsessed with cooking salmon and finding the fullproof method of fish cookery. This method is similar to cooking the perfect steak, just hitting it with lemon afterwards. The alfredo sauce is so easy to make, you'll never want to buy another jar from the store. Get those pans ready and let’s go!
Yield: 2 Portions
· 2-8oz Atlantic Salmon Filets
· 1 ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
· ½ cup Unsalted Butter
· 1 ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
· Kosher Salt-to taste
· Black Pepper-to taste
· 1 Large Lemon- Zested and Juiced
· 2 Branch Rosemary
· 2-3 Cloves Fresh Garlic
· 2-3 tbsp Butter(For Basting)
· 8oz Dried Linguine or Spaghetti
· 1 tbsp Roasted Garlic or 1/2 -1 tbsp Garlic Powder
· 2 tbsp Grapeseed oil
1. In a medium sauce pot over medium-low heat, combine heavy cream, butter, 1 branch of rosemary and allow it to heat until butter is fully melted and the cream is hot but not scorched.
2. Remove the rosemary, add parmesan, salt, pepper and whisk until thickened and cheese is fully melted. Set aside.
3. Cook pasta according to box directions and strain. Set aside.
4. Season salmon with salt and pepper
5. Place a medium saute pan over medium heat, once the pan is hot, add grapeseed oil and once its hot, add salmon skin side down(side the skin was on)
6. After 2-3 minutes, once the crust has developed, flip the salmon, add rosemary and garlic cloves, cook for 12 seconds then add the butter.
7. Baste the salmon with the butter for another 2-3 minutes and once the salmon begins to feel firm, remove from the heat and top with a bit of the lemon juice.
8. Combine the pasta , alfredo sauce and lemon zest. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Plate with the alfredo pasta, salmon on top, a bit more of the lemon juice, parmesan and black pepper