Fresh Pasta Dough!
This process is so therapeutic, especially on a rainy day. Making fresh pasta is one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen. The way the eggs stain the dough makes such a beautiful product, not to mention how many different varieties you can make! Try adding flavored oil, squid ink or venture out and get creative! Pasta is where creativity lives!
· 5 Large Egg Yolks
· 1-1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour (keep an extra 1/2 cup on standby in case of very moist dough)
· 2 Large Eggs
· Pinch of Salt
· ¼ tsp Truffle Oil-Optional
· ½ cup Flour for dusting
1. Pour flour on a flat surface and make a well in the middle. Pour your eggs into the well.
2. Add oil and salt, place a fork at the bottom of the well and stir in small circles to mix together.
3. Once the eggs and flour are combined (should look like crumbly) flour your hands and begin to knead the dough.
4. The dough will start to become smooth but tough to knead, that’s when you should stop.
5. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to rest.
6. Unwrap and flour the top of the pasta ball.
7. Flatten with a rolling pin and roll out, you want the dough to be thin enough to go through the largest setting on your pasta machine.
8. Roll your dough through each setting 2-3 times until the desired thickness is reached, flour your before changing the settings on your machine.
9. Run through the pasta cutter and flour generously to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick to itself.
10.Cook in boiling water for 2 minutes or until the pasta is as tender as you’d like.
11.Use with your favorite sauces and serve!