Fire Roasted Cream Corn Sliders!
I know what you're thinking, corn on a burger???? I had an idea and decided to run with it. I would never lead you wrong so I'm telling you right now, these slider are the truth!! Grill these or throw them in the smoker for an incredible burst of smoky flavor!
Fire Roasted Cream Corn Sliders
Yield: 6-12 Sliders
· 2lb 80/20 Ground Beef or Beef/Pork Mix
· ½ Tbsp Kosher Salt
· ½ Tbsp Black Pepper
· 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
· ½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
· 1 Large Egg
· ¼ cup Diced Red Onion
· 1 Pack Slider Buns
· 12oz Thick Cut Hickory Bacon- Cooked Crispy-Keep the fat!
· Fresh Arugula or Lettuce
For Cream Corn:
· 2 Large Ears of Corn-Shucked
· 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
· ¾ cup Red Onion-Diced
· ½ Tbsp Minced Garlic
· 2-3 oz Bourbon
· 4oz Chicken or Vegetable Stock
· 6oz Heavy Cream
· 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar- Shredded
· 2oz Sharp White Cheddar- Cut small
· 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
1. In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, old bay, egg, red onion, and your meat of choice. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Form small patties and set aside.
2. Over open flame or in a cast-iron pan, roast the corn until it appears burnt, this is going to give you some amazing flavor.
3. Cut the corn from the cob. Click here to learn how!
4. In a large sauté pan or cast-iron over medium high heat, add the butter. Once it melts, add the garlic and onions.
5. Cook your garlic and onions for 2 minutes or until they begin to cook down a bit.
6. Remove the pan from the flame and add the bourbon if you would like to flambe (set on fire) tilt the pan slightly over the heat and let the flame jump into the pan.
7. Once the bourbon is burned off, add the vegetable/chicken stock, cook that down for another 2-3 minutes and add the heavy cream.
8. Allow the cream to come to a slight boil, then add your cheeses, reduce the heat to low and mix until thickened and all the cheese is melted. Turn the heat off and keep warm.
9. In a sauté pan or cast-iron over medium high heat, pour the fat from your bacon and heat until it looks watery or thinned out.
10.Place your patties in the pan 3-4 at a time. Press slightly to flatted. Cook for 2-4 minutes and flip when the burger looks slightly crisp. Use the fat in the pan to baste the patty and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
11.Once the burgers feel firm in the middle, remove from the pan, and assemble your burgers!
12.Toasted bun on the bottom, then arugula, bacon, burger patty and finally a generous scoop of the cream corn and the top bun!