Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
One of my most requested fall recipes....the all so comforting chicken noodle soup! This is a very basic recipe that involves cooking off some mirepoix-Onions, carrots and celery-in butter then deglazing with white wine, covering with water and simmering with chicken breasts, thyme and chicken base. This recipe gives you an amazing pop of rich, full chicken flavor and overall sense of comfort. This is a basic recipe, easy to prepare and easily customized. Feel free to add some of your favorite veggies or even different cuts of the chicken if you prefer. Make this recipe for family dinner or small gatherings to give everyone a feeling of nostalgia mixed with a taste of home.
-2-3 lbs Chicken breasts
-1 to 1 1/2 cup Yellow Onions (diced)
-1/2 cup Celery (diced)
-1/2 cup Carrots (diced)
-2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
-2 Cloves Garlic
-1/2 cup White wine
- 2-3 tablespoons Butter
-2-3 tbsp Chicken base
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
-Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 box of your favorite Dried Pasta
- 1 bunch Parsley(chopped) - optional
1. Heat pot over medium-high heat and add butter, swirl the pan until the butter melts
2. add the onions and cook until almost clear, then add the carrots and celery,season with salt and pepper
3. add 1 sprig of thyme and deglaze with white wine, let cook for about 1 minute
4. add chicken base and cover with water, place chicken breast in water and let cook for 1-1/2 hours on medium to medium low heat.
5. Remove chicken breasts and shread. Season with salt and pepper and place back into the soup, add another thyme sprig (optional)
6. While soup continues to cook, cook pasta in separate pot according to box directions, once cooked, drain and set aside.
7. Adjust seasoning as needed. serve with cracked pepper on top.
8.serve separate or add pasta to soup and serve.