Cauliflower Steak Masala W/ Rice
Dinner so simple, you'll wish you made it sooner. This cauliflower steak masala over rice is quick, filling and delicious. Using a jar sauce may seem like a cop out or not as flavorful but trust me when I say, sauces have come a long way. Give this one a go and let me know what you think.
Cauliflower Steak Masala w. Rice
Yield: 2-3 Servings
· 1 head Cauliflower- cut into steaks
· ¼ cup Olive Oil
· 2-3 tbsp Curry Powder
· Kosher Salt- to taste
· Black Pepper- to taste
· 15oz Jar Pre-made Tikka Masala
· 12oz Broccoli- steamed
· 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
· 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
· 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
· 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
· Cooked Jasmine or Basmati rice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Baste cauliflower in olive oil-this will help the seasonings stick
3. Season both sides of cauliflower with curry powder, salt, and pepper
4. Place medium size saute pan over medium heat and pour 1 tbsp of olive oil in pan
5. Place steaks in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes then flip and reduce heat.
6. Add butter to the pan and baste steak for 2 minutes then place pan in oven for 10 minutes.
7. Place large pan over medium heat, add remaining olive oil in pan and add garlic. Cook for 20 seconds and add broccoli. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add veggie stock, cook for 2-4 minute then add masala jar.
8. Add cayenne and Cook down for 15-20 minutes.
9. Remove cauliflower from oven and remove from pan
10.Plate with rice on the bottom, masala over top and cauliflower on top of the masala. Top with cilantro and black pepper and enjoy!