Castiron Creamy Tomato Penne Pasta w/ Sausage
One of my family's favorites and I hope it will become yours too! This Creamy tomato pasta is rich, savory and feeds its fair share. Its made with a lot of familiar ingredients that come together in a way that feels like home. If you make this, let me know what you think on my Instagram! I'd love to hear how you did.
Yield: 4 Servings
· 3 Johnsonville Original Brats
· 8oz Cooked Penne Pasta
· 1 cup Heavy Cream
· 3 fl oz Chicken Broth
· 1 cup Diced Red Onion
· 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
· 8oz Fire roasted Tomatoes
· 3oz Unsalted Butter
· 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella or Monterey Jack Cheese
· Old Bay Seasoning- To taste
· Smoked Paprika-to taste
· Kosher Salt-to taste
· Ground Black Pepper- to taste
· Fresh Cut Parsley
1. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp grapeseed or olive oil, then add the brats.
2. Cook for about 3 minutes and flip when browned. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and add the extra butter to the pan and baste for 5 minutes and remove from the pan. Drain most of the butter, leaving about 1 tbsp of butter.
3. Add in the garlic and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes before adding the chicken stock. Allow this to simmer until the broth reduces by half.
5. Pour in the heavy cream and cook until it start to thicken, about 3-4 minutes. add the pasta and season with the old bay, salt, pepper, paprika, then the pasta and toss the pasta in the sauce. Reduce the heat to low.
6. Slice up the sausage and top off the pasta, then top with cheese. Place a lid on for about 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese, top with parsley and smoked paprika and enjoy!