Bourbon Pecan Grilled Pineapple w/ Milk Bar Ice Cream
For those of you who know me from MasterChef, you know that Cristina Tosi was one of the judges for my season. She doesn't even know that I had been following her career for at least 4 years prior to meeting her. The work she does is incredible and MilkBar is such an incredible innovation. When I found out that she was making the MilkBar Ice cream available nationwide through Whole Foods I flipped! I knew I had to cook up a worthy dish and trust me, this Glazed grilled pineapple is the perfect pairing for the Cereal Milk ice cream. The first bite felt like home. Give this one a try while Summer is here and I guarantee you will not be disappointed!
Yield: 4 Servings
· 1 large Pineapple- skinned, cored and sliced into rectangles
· ½ cup Unsalted butter
· ¼ cup chopped Pecans
· ½ cup Bourbon
· ½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon
· 1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
· ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
· ¾ cup Brown Sugar
· 1 Pint Milk Bar Cereal Milk Ice cream( find it @ Whole Foods)
· Truffle Salt-Optional (regular kosher salt or pink Himalayan if not)
· ¼ cup Oil( grapeseed works great)
1. Preheat grill to around 500 degrees
2. Brush both sides of pineapple with oil.
3. Place on the grill. Cook the pineapple roughly 2-3 minutes then check. Once some char and
grill marks appear, flip and repeat. Remove from the grill.
4. Place nonstick pan over medium heat.
5. Add butter, once melted, add the brown sugar.
6. Once the sugar and butter have melted, add the pecans, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
7. Mix together and pull pan of the heat, add half of the bourbon and light. The pan will catch fire for a short amount of time. If you aren’t comfortable with that, lower the heat and allow the bourbon to cook out for a few minutes.
8. Add the pineapple and coat in the sauce.
9. Remove pan again and add the remaining bourbon and light. Once the flames are gone, remove from the heat and coat the pineapple in the glaze again.
10.Remove the pineapple from the pan and place on plates or a platter.
11.Pour the remaining glaze w/ pecans over the pineapple. Sprinkle truffle(or kosher/Himalayan) salt over the pineapple and serve with a scoop of ice cream!