Balsamic Roasted Grape Crostini with Honey Whipped Goat Cheese
This is one of my Favorite Fall appetizers. This sweet and savory Hor d'oeuvre is perfect for family gatherings, game nights or even holiday parties. Any time I've prepared this app its always been such a shock and awe moment. While I was on MasterChef, I spent a large amount of time pondering how to reinvent simple ingredients in a creative way. One my favorites have always been the humble grape. Its such a simple fruit, sweet with a snap. When adding the salt you add contrast to the sweet, the balsamic adds an acidity and backs the sweetness while the goat cheese binds it all together. These flavors give you a new take on this humble fruit, trust me, this is one grape dish your guests won't forget any time soon.
· 2lb Red grapes-washed
· 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
· 2 baguette or small French loaf
· 16 oz Goat cheese
· 3 Tbsp Honey
· Kosher Salt (to taste)
· Cracked black pepper(to taste)
· 1 Package Fresh mint
· 2-4 branch Fresh Rosemary
· ¼ cup Olive oil
1 large lemon- juiced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Toss together grapes, oil, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper
3. Lay them flat on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes
4. When grapes start to swell, remove from the oven and add balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes on broiler setting
5. Remove from the oven when the balsamic begins to thicken onto the grapes
6. While grapes are cooling, mix together goat cheese, honey, 1 tbsp mint , lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
7. Slice baguette into small servings and drizzle olive oil, season with salt and let bake until crisp, about 5-8 minutes
8. Assemble and enjoy!